Friday, May 11, 2012

Easiest DIY Ever: Fruit Pops For Teething Babies

Arlo has been teething for about 1 1/2 months now, and it's just the worst.
For those who haven't had the pleasure of experiencing it, the process of sprouting teeth can turn the most cheerful, lovable baby into the most noisy and horrifying banshee imaginable. Watching your baby cry out in pain is one of the most difficult things for a mother to witness. Blind with sadness/hopelessness, I overlooked one of the most easy and effective ways to help my little one: ice.
Well, I'll be honest. This little bitty project didn't start because I'd suddenly realized the solution to my problem. It started because I wanted a snack. However, that doesn't make it any less awesome.

I've seen so many of the little popsicle do-dads at the store that cost about $3 a pop for 4-6 popsicles... I've thought about purchasing them. I would certainly use them... however, I'm really cheap. I happened to have a bunch of ice trays, and some popsicle sticks at home. I also have a "Baby Bullet" blender that we use to make Arlo's food. I only bring this up because if you're going to use these pops to help with your little one's teething troubles, a big popsicle probably won't help too much. it'll be too overwhelming. Ice trays make nice, little pops.





I'M GOING TO SAY IT RIGHT NOW: IF YOU'RE GOING TO USE THESE FOR YOUR TEETHING L.O., DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT LEAVE HER/HIM ALONE WITH THE POPSICLE. THE STICK IS DEFINITELY A CHOKING HAZARD, AS WELL AS THE POP WHEN IT GETS SMALL ENOUGH.
I let Arlo hold his own popsicle, but when the stick started showing at the top, I assisted him in eating it. Please don't even take the risk. Plus, it's the most adorable thing ever to watch a baby eat a popsicle. you will need a wet towel for clean up. probably a few.

 1: cut all of the meat out of 2 large mangoes, and throw them into a blender.



 2. pour the SMOOTH mango puree into the ice cube tray. put in the freezer for about 15 minutes, then put the sticks in, and freeze for another 40 minutes or so.



 3. ENJOY!


So cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment