Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Adventures: Menstruation After Childbirth: Sea Pearl Tampons





Just so you know, I'm only going to continue my review of reusable menstruation products for the sake of having something to write about, BECAUSE THESE ARE THE MOST FANTASTIC TAMPONS I HAVE EVER USED IN MY LIFE!!!!


Sea Pearl Sea Sponge Tampons:


little sea sponges that you trim to fit your shape, and use over and over again! (Well, they suggest for about 6 months.)

My first thought: WOW this feels weird. and hard. why would i want to just put this up there?
After I washed it and squeezed all the water out: this is the most amazing thing i have ever seen in my life. (yes. just like Butthead)


Basically, you use this like a Diva Cup, except for there isn't a cup! A pack comes with two, so you can take a little zip lock or mini wet bag in your purse to switch them out. Doing this in public would be preeeettttyyy strange, but if you're going to do it, do it big, right? haha. If you're at home all the time like I am, you just take it out every couple of hours, rinse it out, et voila! It's ready for another couple of hours.








PRICE: I paid around $20 for two sponges that last 6 months apiece. That's a year's worth of usage if I use one for a continuous 6 months. That's $1.67 a month for a COMPLETELY NATURAL, NO CHEMICALS, NO FEAR OF MOLD IN YOUR TAMPON TAMPON! SO AMAZING!!!!!!

COVERAGE: absolutely no leaks for me, but they do suggest using a panty liner just in case. I had some biodegradable ones on hand, but I know that companies like Luna Pad make panty liners for this kind of thing

ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT: these sea sponges are sustainably harvested, and they will eventually degrade into the earth leaving NOTHING behind!!!!!!!!!!!

OVERALL RATING: 5 STARS MOST DEFINITELY! I LOVE THESE THINGS!!!!!! I highly recommend anyone who has a period to get a pair of these bad girls QUICK! they are so amazing, soft, and I literally forgot that I was wearing one when I had it in. so comfy and amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment